I have really fond memories of this snack. I didn't have it much, but when I did I insisted that we have it again--as soon as possible. Easy and delicious! Just try to stop eating it, I dare you.
- 9 cups rice Chex, or off-brand to save some $
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out your rice cereal and set aside in a very large bowl (with high sides, if you can)
- In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, add chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- While the chocolate mixture is microwaving, measure out your powdered sugar into a large freezer zip-lock bag.
- Add vanilla to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and mix until well coated. Scoop the cereal into the freezer bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Those sound dangerously addictive!ReplyDelete
Crunchy, chocolately, peanut buttery, sweet. They really are addictive. Easily made vegan, too, if you use Earth Balance instead of butter. Mmm. Dangerous.ReplyDelete
yum yum yum!ReplyDelete
team eats them after each swim meet. tasty if oonly their were moreReplyDelete