Pumpkin. It makes just about everything better, don't you think? This is a Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipe that I tweaked ever so slightly to be gluten free. I didn't do the caramel topping, but I bet it's delicious. The cheesecake is very rich on it's own, so I don't think it's really necessary. But, then again, sometimes you might just need a little caramel...
(GF) Pumpkin Cheese Cake
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 38 or 1 1/2 cups (gluten free, optional) ginger snaps, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 25 caramels (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Chop 1/4 cup nuts finely; place in medium bowl. Add ginger snap crumbs and butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
Crush cookies in a food processor, or just smash with a rolling pin.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Add pumpkin, spice, and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Optional topping: microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon over individual servings of cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Makes 12 Servings