The recipe calls for a whipped cream layer on top of the pie, but we just added the whip in dallops. Next time I'll try it layered on.
My mom liked it better than any other pumpkin pie she's had!
Milnot Pumpkin Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie crust shell (Trader Joe's brand was really good.)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 16 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 12 oz can Milnot (evaporated filled milk)
- 1/2 pint whipped cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine sugar, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly and blend in pumpkin, spice mixture and Milnot.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Beat cream and syrup in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Spread cream over pie and sprinkle with nuts.