- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 2/3 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream, half-and-half (I used half-and-half)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add shredded cheddar and basil; stir to combine.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cream and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until moistened. Turn out onto a well- floured surface; knead gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
3. Divide dough in half; shape into two balls. Pat or roll each into a 6-inch circle. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place onto ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with additional cream.
4. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet; serve warm. Makes 16 scones.