These are addicting. They are easy and quick, but look out--the cayenne gives them a nice kick to them.
Cinnamon Cocoa Candied Almonds
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for coating
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 3/4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring maple syrup, sugar, salt, and spices to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add almonds and stir to coat.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool almonds completely, then break them apart.
- Mix cocoa, powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock bag. Add almonds and shake until evenly coated.