|I added the white chocolate drizzle and then the cranberries, which does not look as pretty as if you do it the right way--cranberries first, THEN white chocolate drizzle...Oops.|
These are super sweet and decadent, but the tangy cream cheese and cranberries help balance out the the white chocolate.
As I'm sure you know, these are the perfect holiday treat!
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted.
- 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 oz. chopped white chocolate (or chips)
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz. chopped white chocolate (or chips), melted.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- For bars: Grease a 8 in. square baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter with brown sugar. When it has cooled to room temperature, mix in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Gradually stir dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix in 1/4 cup cranberries and 3 oz. white chocolate. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
- For frosting: beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until blended. Gradually add half of the melted white chocolate and beat until blended. Frost the bars. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries and drizzle with remaining white chocolate. Cut into wedges and store in the refrigerator.
Note: This recipe easily doubles to fit a 13"x 9" pan. In that case, 1 package cream cheese (8 oz) will do.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!