I love pumpkin. (See links below.) I love that in the fall you can find a pumpkin version of almost everything (especially at Trader Joe's). This Food Network recipe is a fun and easy twist on a classic. It's only subtly pumpkin-y. The original recipe calls for cheese tortellini, but I think a butternut squash or other type would be great as well.
Milnot Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with White Chocolate Mascarpone Filling
Molasses Cookie and Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
(GF) Pumpkin Cheesecake
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 9-oz packages of cheese (or other flavor) tortellini
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft (about 2 minutes). Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I found myself adding quite a bit.)
- Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!