I needed a salad to bring to a dinner party. The main course was clam chowder, so I wanted something light for the salad dressing. I love clam chowder, but I didn't want the whole dinner to be too rich and creamy. I found a quick, easy and "bright" dressing online and made minor adjustments. Lemon juice replaces vinegar in this dressing which makes it just different enough than a vinaigrette to keep things nice and interesting. The garlic adds a great depth of flavor. (If you are not into garlic, substitute with something you like and post the variation in the comments!) The salad was a hit!
Lemon, Garlic and Olive Oil Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp salt
This recipe makes a large batch. Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
- Add all ingredients to a container with a tightly sealing lid.
- Shake contents vigorously until the oil is well-incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!